[openstack-dev] [nova] Checking before delete flavor?

Rui Chen chenrui.momo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 12:05:14 UTC 2014

Hi Stackers:

Some instance operations and flavor are closely connected, for example,
resize.
If I delete the flavor when resize instance, instance will be error. Like
this:

1. run instance with flavor A
2. resize instance from flavor A to flavor B
3. delete flavor A
4. resize-revert instance
5. instance state into error

Which following ways we think is a better? or you have another way?

1. List instance filter by flavor A, verify that no instance associated
with flavor A, then delete flavor A
2. Delete flavor A, if instance state into error, reset instance state to
active

General how do?