[openstack-dev] Gate Status - Friday Edition

Chris Wright chrisw at sous-sol.org
Sat Jan 25 01:08:25 UTC 2014

* Salvatore Orlando (sorlando at nicira.com) wrote:
> I've found out that several jobs are exhibiting failures like bug 1254890
> [1] and bug 1253896 [2] because openvswitch seem to be crashing the kernel.
> The kernel trace reports as offending process usually either
> neutron-ns-metadata-proxy or dnsmasq, but [3] seem to clearly point to
> ovs-vsctl.

Hmm, that actually shows dnsmasq is the running/exiting process.
The ovs-vsctl was run nearly a half-second earlier.  Looks like
ovs-vsctl successfuly added the tap device (assuming it's for
dnsmasq?).  And dnsmasq is exiting upon receiving a signal.  Shot in
the dark, has the neutron path that would end up killing dnsmasq
(Dnsmasq::reload_allocations()) changed recently?  I didn't see much.

> 254 events observed in the previous 6 days show a similar trace in the logs
> [4].

That kernel (3.2.0) is over a year old.  And there have been some network
namespace fixes since then (IIRC, refcounting related).