[openstack-dev] [neutron] ML2 plugin swallows mechanism driver exceptions

Andre Pech apech at aristanetworks.com
Fri Jan 24 21:43:24 UTC 2014

Hey Paul,

This is by design, and reraising a single MechanismDriverError was really
to have a nice defined API for the MechanismManager class, avoid blanket
try/except calls in the caller. But I do agree that it's really annoying to
lose the information about the underlying exception. I like your idea of
including the original exception text in the MechanismDriverError message,
I think that'd help a lot.

Andre