[openstack-dev] Gate Status - Friday Edition

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jan 24 17:41:04 UTC 2014

On 01/24/2014 11:18 AM, Peter Portante wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> Given the swift failure happened once in the available logstash recorded
> history, do we still feel this is a major gate issue?
>
> See: http://logstash.openstack.org/#eyJzZWFyY2giOiJtZXNzYWdlOlwiRkFJTDogdGVzdF9ub2RlX3dyaXRlX3RpbWVvdXRcIiIsImZpZWxkcyI6W10sIm9mZnNldCI6MCwidGltZWZyYW1lIjoiYWxsIiwiZ3JhcGhtb2RlIjoiY291bnQiLCJ0aW1lIjp7InVzZXJfaW50ZXJ2YWwiOjB9LCJzdGFtcCI6MTM5MDU4MDExNzgwMX0=
>
> Thanks,
>
> -peter

In the last 7 days Swift unit tests has failed 50 times in the gate
queue -
http://logstash.openstack.org/#eyJzZWFyY2giOiJtZXNzYWdlOlwiRmluaXNoZWQ6IEZBSUxVUkVcIiBBTkQgcHJvamVjdDpcIm9wZW5zdGFjay9zd2lmdFwiIEFORCBidWlsZF9xdWV1ZTpnYXRlIEFORCBidWlsZF9uYW1lOmdhdGUtc3dpZnQtcHl0aG9uKiIsImZpZWxkcyI6W10sIm9mZnNldCI6MCwidGltZWZyYW1lIjoiNjA0ODAwIiwiZ3JhcGhtb2RlIjoiY291bnQiLCJ0aW1lIjp7InVzZXJfaW50ZXJ2YWwiOjB9LCJzdGFtcCI6MTM5MDU4NTEwNzY1M30=

That's a pretty high rate of failure, and really needs investigation.

Unit tests should never be failing in the gate, for any project. Russell
did a great job sorting out some bad tests in Nova the last couple of
days, and it would be good for other projects that are seeing similar
issues to do the same.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague