[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Neutron] PMTUd broken in gre networks

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Thu Jan 23 18:26:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

My expertise on the subject is pretty much zero, but the performance loss
(which I think is throughput loss) is so blatant that perhaps there's more
than the MTU issue. From what Robert writes, GRO definitely plays a role
too.

My only suggestion would be to route the question to ovs-discuss in order
to get some help in precisely understanding what's going on.
In order to understand the relationship with GRO, what are the CPU usage
levels on the receiving node with and without GRO enabled?

Salvatore