[openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPv6] A pair of mode keywords

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Thu Jan 23 12:14:24 UTC 2014

An openstack deployment with an external DHCP server is definetely a
possible scenario; I don't think it can be implemented out-of-the-box with
the components provided by the core openstack services, but it should be
doable and a possibly even a requirement for deployments which integrate
openstack with systems such as Infoblox.
Therefore I would not disregard the possibility of an external DHCP server.
Regarding the new attributes, I pretty much agree on them. As there's
overlap between enable_dhcp and address_mode, it might be worth defining a
strategy for deprecating enable_dhcp by adding inclduing also a 'dhcpv4'
valid value for this attribute.

Salvatore