[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] per domain/project/user limits on alarms

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Jan 23 10:29:07 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 23 2014, Matthieu Huin wrote:

> This doesn't seem like something that will be done:
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-December/020799.html
> My understanding is that the favored approach would be to let each component
> manage quotas on their own, with an eventual unification at the client
> level.

Too bad. I would definitely like not having Ceilometer handling quotas
itself. At least for now I would restrict the quota handling part to a
very simple per-user and/or per-project for that I think.

I've marked the blueprint as approved as I don't think there's much
debate to have around it. If you plan to deliver this for Icehouse,
please set a milestone to it.

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; independent consultant