[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron]About creating vms without ip address

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo mangelajo at redhat.com
Wed Jan 22 08:19:24 UTC 2014

Hi Dong,

    Can you elaborate an example of what you get, and what you were expecting exactly?.

    I have a similar problem within one operator, where they assign you sparse blocks
of IP addresses (floating IPs), directly routed to your machine, and they also
assign the virtual mac addresses from their API.

    Direct routing means, that the subnet router will route your IP from outside the
subnet directly through your subnet, to your machine..., and the traffic (with external IP)
is routed back to this internal router through the subnet to this router.

   Chears,