[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Nova][cold migration] Why we need confirm resize after cold migration

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 07:10:48 UTC 2014

Thanks Chris and Alex :-)

@Chris, OK, I will update patch then.

@Alex, yes, John also give some explanation as following:

If a disk is failing, people like to turn off the VMs to reduce load
on that host while performing the migrations.

And live-migrate (sadly) does not yet work in all configurations yet,
so its useful where live-migrate is not possible.

Also live-migrate with block_migration can use quite a lot more
network bandwidth than cold migration, at least in the XenServer case.