[openstack-dev] [Glance] Property protections not being enforced?

Mark Washenberger mark.washenberger at markwash.net
Wed Jan 22 06:48:40 UTC 2014

I found the cause. When using role-based protections, instead of stopping
after the first rule that matches, it keeps going. So in your example, the
.* property rule is being applied after the ^foo_property$ rule says "no".
I've determined that we can completely avoid the bug in current deployments
by using "policies" rather than "roles" for the configuration setting
"property_protection_rule_format".

It should be a very easy fix--the challenge seems to be writing a good test
for it. I went ahead and filed the bug (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/1271426) and will have a go at a fix.

Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention, Tom!