[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Discussion of the resource loader support patch

Gordon Chung chungg at ca.ibm.com
Tue Jan 21 15:08:03 UTC 2014

> If the resources defined in the pipeline doesn't match any resource
> file loader, it will be treated as directly passing to the pollsters.
E.g.
>     resources:
>         - fileloader:///foo/bar
>         - snmp://2.2.2.2
> The endpoint 'snmp://2.2.2.2' will be passed to the pollsters along
> with the those read from the file /foo/bar.

i don't have any particular opposition to the code.

i have two questions, the first is related to validation. if we load a
list of resources from pipeline.yaml and another 'loader' source, what
happens when the same resource(s) are listed in both pipeine.yaml and
'loader' source. do we just let it continue with duplicates or do we try
to filter?

also, another question would be, what other type of 'loaders' are there
aside from fileloader? i don't really have any ideas outside of fileloader
so it'd be interesting to know of other use-cases.

cheers,
gordon chung
openstack, ibm software standards