[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Selectively disabling certain built in iptables rules

CARVER, PAUL pc2929 at att.com
Tue Jan 21 14:57:40 UTC 2014

Darragh O'Reilly wrote:

>Neutron does not know about flavors or images. But it has ports which have a
>name attribute that can be set to an arbitrary string, e.g. 'anti_spoof_off'. The
>name does not need to be unique within the tenant. Then your overridden methods
>could check for that string.

Everything in your response (and Ian's too) was interesting and helpful but I have
a further question on this specifically. This is entirely due to my ignorance, but
could you possibly point me to an example line of code somewhere that shows
something checking the port name attribute and doing something conditional
based on it? I'm not sure exactly what to search on so I've just been browsing
the code without finding anything that looks like it might be doing that.