[openstack-dev] [nova] [neutron] PCI pass-through network support

Robert Li (baoli) baoli at cisco.com
Tue Jan 21 14:55:08 UTC 2014

Yunhong,

Just try to understand your use case:
    -- a VM can only work with cards from vendor V1
    -- a VM can work with cards from both vendor V1 and V2

      So stats in the two flavors will overlap in the PCI flavor solution.
I'm just trying to say that this is something that needs to be properly
addressed.

Just for the sake of discussion, another solution to meeting the above
requirement is able to say in the nova flavor's extra-spec

           encrypt_card = card from vendor V1 OR encrypt_card = card from
vendor V2

In other words, this can be solved in the nova flavor, rather than
introducing a new flavor.

Thanks,
Robert