[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Apparently weird timeout issue

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Mon Jan 20 16:27:21 UTC 2014

I think you're right Darragh.

It was actually Montreal's snow and cold freezing my brain as I
investigated the same issue a while ago and tried to change cirrOS to send
a DHCPDISCOVER every 10 seconds instead of 60 seconds, but then I moved to
something else as I wasn't even sure a new centos base image could have
been brought into gate tests.

I think I also sent a related email to the mailing list, suggesting to
increase timeouts to a value that would ensure at least a second
DHCPDISCOVER is sent by the VM. Anyway, we have a few patches which should
make this failure mode less frequent. They're all -2 currently as they're
always failing the gate (and I don't know why). However, from another email
Sean recently sent, it seems it's a general Neutron issue.

Salvatore