[openstack-dev] [Solum][Keystone] Best practices for storing keystone trusts information

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Fri Jan 17 18:01:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

In Solum project we want to use Keystone trusts to work with other
OpenStack services on behalf of user. Trusts are long term entities and a
service should keep them for a long time.

I want to understand what are best practices for working with trusts and
storing them in a service?

What are the options to keep trust? I see obvious approaches like keep them
in a service DB or keep them in memory. Are there any other approaches?

Is there a proper way to renew trust? For example if I have a long term
task which is waiting for external event, how to keep trust fresh for a
long and unpredicted period?

Thanks
Georgy