[openstack-dev] [ironic] Disk Eraser

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Jan 17 08:14:51 UTC 2014

On 16 January 2014 03:31, Alan Kavanagh <alan.kavanagh at ericsson.com> wrote:
> Hi fellow OpenStackers
>

> Does anyone have any recommendations on open source tools for disk
> erasure/data destruction software. I have so far looked at DBAN and disk
> scrubber and was wondering if ironic team have some better recommendations?

So for Ironic this is a moderately low priority thing right now - and
certainly I think it should be optional (what the default is is a
different discussion).

It's low priority because there are -so- many other concerns about
sharing bare metal machines between tenants that don't have
comprehensive mutual trust, that it's really not viable today (even on
relatively recent platforms IMNSHO).

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>