[openstack-dev] Hat Tip to fungi

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jan 16 15:33:48 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-16 08:44:17 -0500 (-0500), Anita Kuno wrote:
> You have kept openstack-infra running for that last 2 weeks as the
> sole plate-spinner whilst the rest of us were conferencing,
> working on the gerrit upgrade or getting our laptop stolen.

Pro tip: don't make a habit of getting your laptop stolen.

> You spun up and configured two new Jenkinses
[...]

I can't really take credit for that--Jim and Clark did most of it
one night while I was sleeping.

> All this while dealing with the every day business of keeping
> -infra operating.

Well, if it weren't for the rest of the Infra team and our extended
community building such resilient systems, it would never have even
been possible, so they share most of the karma for that.

> I am so grateful for all you do.
>
> I tip my hat to you, sir.

Your support is appreciated! Sorry I've been mostly too busy to read
and respond to E-mail of late (I probably wouldn't have spotted this
thread until the weekend had it not been pointed out to me in IRC).

> [0] My sense is once Jim is back from vacation time he will provide a
> detailed report on these changes.

I hope so, because I've forgotten most of them (I think I chronicled
some in the weekly meetings though, if anyone's seeking highlights).
Also, I know he and others have exciting plans/ideas for getting
things scaled to run even faster and more smoothly still.
--
Jeremy Stanley