[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Tuskar] Editing Nodes

Walls, Jeffrey Joel (Cloud OS R&D) jeff.walls at hp.com
Thu Jan 16 15:14:52 UTC 2014

> From: Jaromir Coufal [mailto:jcoufal at redhat.com]

> Well, I think you are right. We should be able to provide as much as
> possible. I don't think that Tuskar has to do everything. Image builder
> would be amazing feature. And I don't think it has to be Tuskar-UI
> business. There can be UI separate from Tuskar, which is part of Horizon
> umbrella, dealing only with building images. I think it has enough
> reasons to become a separate project in the future.

I think we're already there.  The first time I saw Tuskar I was surprised
that it was embedded inside of Horizon.  Horizon is an administration
dashboard, but tuskar provides "operational" functionality.  For
HP Cloud OS, we ended up with two dashboards for this very reason.

At HP, I wrote a Tuskar-like solution for standing up OverClouds, but as
Tuskar matures I could totally see us pulling that in and using it instead.

As far as image building goes, I think that too would make more
sense either stand-alone or embedded inside an "operational"
dashboard.

Jeff