[openstack-dev] [TripleO] milestone-proposed branches

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 15:13:58 UTC 2014

At last summit, we talked about doing stable branches and releases for
the TripleO projects for Icehouse.

I'd like to propose doing a milestone-proposed branch[1] and tagged
release for icehouse milestones 2 and 3. Sort of as dry run and
practice, as I think it could help tease out some things we might not
have considered when we do try to do icehouse stable branches.

The icehouse milestone 2 date is January 23rd [2]. So, if there is
concensus to do this, we probably need to get the branches created
soon, and then do any bugfixes in the branches (master too of course)
up unitl the 23rd.

I think it'd be nice if we had a working devtest to use with the
released tarballs.  This raises a couple of points:
 - We probably need a way in devtest to let people use a different
branch (or tarball) of the stuff that is git cloned.
- What about tripleo-incubator itself? We've said in the past we don't
want to attempt to stabilize or release that due to it's "incubator
nature".  But, if we don't have a stable set of devtest instructions
(and accompanying scripts like setup-endpoints, etc), then using an
ever changing devtest with the branches/tarballs is not likely to work
for very long.

And yes, I'm volunteering to do the work to support the above, and the
release work :).

Thoughts?

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BranchModel
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Icehouse_Release_Schedule