[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Tuskar] Deployment Management section - Wireframes

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Thu Jan 16 08:26:32 UTC 2014

On 2014/14/01 21:35, Vitaly Kramskikh wrote:
> Hi Jaromir,
>
> 2014/1/13 Jaromir Coufal <jcoufal at redhat.com <mailto:jcoufal at redhat.com>>
>
>     So what we can do at the moment (until there is some way to specify
>     which node to remove) is to inform user, which nodes were removed in
>     the end... at least.
>
>     In the future, I'd like to enable user to have both ways available -
>     just decrease number and let system to decide which nodes are going
>     to be removed for him (but at least inform in advance which nodes
>     are the chosen ones). Or, let user to choose by himself.
>

> I think the functionality to choose which node is allocated for each
> role is needed to. I didn't realize how/if it is possible from the
> wireframes.
>
> For example, I have 3 racks. I want to allocate 1 node from each rack
> for Controller and make other nodes Computes and then make each rack a
> separate availability zone. In this case I need to specify which exact
> node will become Controller.
>
> Is it possible to do this?
Hi Vitaly,

this is excellent question. And I was rising similar concerns before. I
believe I managed to get to some compromise how we can achieve such
use-case.

In Node Profile, you are able to specify HW specs as well as node tags
(both should be already available in Ironic). So if user has Tags well
set up (for example mark desired nodes with specific tag), we should be
able re-use that tag in Node Profile definition of Controller role and
during scheduling process.

I hope that in time we will be able to get to smoother experience ;)

Cheers
-- Jarda