[openstack-dev] Proposal for dd disk i/o performance blueprint of cinder.

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Thu Jan 16 00:50:05 UTC 2014

On 01/15/2014 06:30 PM, Jay S Bryant wrote:
> There is already an option that can be set in cinder.conf using
> 'volume_clear=none'
>
> Is there a reason that that option is not sufficient?

That option would be for the cloud operator and since it would apply to
all volumes on that cinder node.

My impression was that Kevin was proposing a per-volume option for the
end-user.

If the cloud operator charged for the time/bandwidth required to delete
the volume, that would cover their costs and give some incentive for
customers to mark non-private data as such and save the effort of
deleting the data.

Chris