[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][HEAT][Dashboard] Edit JSON tempalte on OpenStack Dashboard

Liz Blanchard lsurette at redhat.com
Wed Jan 15 15:01:54 UTC 2014

On Jan 9, 2014, at 4:41 AM, Jay Lau <jay.lau.513 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My bad, the image cannot be viewed.
>
> Upload again.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jay
>

> 2014/1/9 Jay Lau <jay.lau.513 at gmail.com>
> Hi,
>
> Now when using OpenStack dashboard to launch a stack, we need to first import the template then create the stack, but there is no way to enable admin to view/modify the template.
>
> What about add a new page between import template and launch stack to give admin an opportunity to edit the template?
>
> I noticed that we already have a blueprint tracing this: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/heat-template-management
>
> I did some investigation, seems we can leverage http://jsoneditoronline.org/ to enable OpenStack dashboard have this ability (Only for JSON template).

Hi Jay,

I really like the idea of allowing users to edit these templates easily right through the dashboard. Are all template files in JSON? I would say we should try to find a solution to add to the dashboard that would support all (or as many as possible) formats of template that we can.

Best,
Liz