[openstack-dev] [wsme] Undefined attributes in WSME

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Mon Jan 13 15:07:11 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 3:29 AM, Ken'ichi Ohmichi <ken1ohmichi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> 2014/1/11 Doug Hellmann <doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com>:
> > On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Jamie Lennox <jamielennox at redhat.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there any way to have WSME pass through arbitrary attributes to the
> >> created object? There is nothing that i can see in the documentation or
> code
> >> that would seem to support this.
> >>
> >> In keystone we have the situation where arbitrary data was able to be
> >> attached to our resources. For example there are a certain number of
> >> predefined attributes for a user including name, email but if you want
> >> include an address you just add an 'address': 'value' to the resource
> >> creation and it will be saved and returned to you when you request the
> >> resource.
> >>
> >> Ignoring whether this is a good idea or not (it's done), is the option
> >> there that i missed - or is there any plans/way to support something
> like
> >> this?
> >

> > There's a change in WSME trunk (I don't think we've released it yet) that
> > allows the schema for a type to be changed after the class is defined.
> There
> > isn't any facility for allowing the caller to pass arbitrary data,
> though.
> > Part of the point of WSME is to define the inputs and outputs of the API
> for
> > validation.
>
> Is there a plan to release new WSME which includes new type classes?
> I'd like to try applying these classes to Ceilometer after the release
> because
> Ceilometer is the best for showing these classes' usage.

If you mean the feature I mentioned above, we will release it but I don't
think it needs to be used in ceilometer. We designed that API so it doesn't
change when plugins are installed. The feature was added for nova's
requirements, since the types of the message payloads aren't known until
all of the extensions are loaded.

Doug