[openstack-dev] [tempest] testr duplicate test id detected

Bhuvan Arumugam bhuvan at apache.org
Mon Jan 13 11:59:52 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net>wrote:

> On 13 Jan 2014 12:15, "Bhuvan Arumugam" <bhuvan at apache.org> wrote:
>
> > It behave differently when I list tempest tests. All tests are listed in
> single line with unicode characters. The command exit with non-zero exit
> code, with import errors. Any idea on whats going on?
>
> The import errors are due to modules not importing. Try importing them by
> hand to see the  specific error for a specific import.

That was precisely the case, Robert!
Few tests couldn't import oslo.config, as the configuration file
tempest.conf don't exist in default location. The import errors were too
cryptic to identify real problem, unless we verify explicitly.

The issue is resolved after copying tempest.conf file in ./etc/ directory.

-Bhuvan