[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Tuskar] Deployment Management section - Wireframes

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Mon Jan 13 10:43:17 UTC 2014

On 2014/10/01 21:17, Jay Dobies wrote:
> Another question:
>
> - A Role (sounds like we're moving away from that so I'll call it
> Resource Category) can have multiple Node Profiles defined (assuming I'm
> interpretting the + and the tabs in the Create a Role wireframe
> correctly). But I don't see anywhere where a profile is selected when
> scaling the Resource Category. Is the idea behind the profiles that you
> can select how much power you want to provide in addition to how many
> nodes?

Yes, that is correct, Jay. I mentioned that in walkthrough and in
wireframes with the note "More views needed (for deploying, scaling,
managing roles)".

I would say there might be two approaches - one is to specify which node
profile you want to scale in order to select how much power you want to add.

The other approach is just to scale the number of nodes in a role and
let system decide the best match (which node profile is chosen will be
decided on the best fit, probably).

I lean towards the first approach, where you specify what role and which
node profile you want to use for scaling. However this is just
introduction of the idea and I believe we can get answers until we get
to that step.

Any preferences for one of above mentioned approaches?

-- Jarda