[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron][Temptest] Gating failures

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Sun Jan 12 13:35:27 UTC 2014

On 01/12/2014 08:00 AM, Gary Kotton wrote:
> Hi,
> I was looking into SSH failures and stumbled upon the following tempest
> issue. The validations would not take into account the neutron agent
> heartbeat timeout. This would cause tests to occasionally fail. In short
> there was a window of at most 4 second for the test test_list_agent to
> run in order to pass. Please
> see: https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1268293
> Thanks
> Gary

Yeh, I saw a related review like that the other day. I think a bunch of
the checks currently do dictionary compares, which is terrible for
things that have timestamps.

I think we need to route out any tests which do that and unroll them to
attribute compares for specific attributes that we know are stable.

This is a broader issue, and I'm actually trying to figure out if there
is a good way to enforce this in the code programatically, as we've had
to clean a few of these up before. And it's not entirely straight
forward in review that these things would cause an issue.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
Samsung Research America