[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev][Cinder] Cinder driver maintainers/contact wiki

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Sat Jan 11 17:12:33 UTC 2014

Hey Cinder Team!

One of the things that's getting increasingly difficult as we grow the
number of drivers in the tree and I try to get the driver cert
initiative kicked off is rounding up an "expert" for each of the
drivers in the tree.  I've started a simple wiki page / matrix [1]
that is designed to show the driver/vendor name and the contact info
for folks that are designated managers of each of those drivers as
well as any additional engineering resources that might be available.

If you're a Cinder team member, and especially if you're a vendor
contributing to Cinder have a look and help flush out the chart.  This
helps me with a number of things including:
1. Tracking down help when I'm mucking around trying to fix bugs in
other peoples drivers
2. Who to contact when somebody on the team needs help understanding
specifics about a driver
3. Who to assign work items to when dealing with a driver
4. Who to contact for driver cert submissions
5. Public place for folks that are implementing OpenStack to see what
they're getting in for (ie does somebody from company X even
participate/support this code any more)

Thanks,
John

[1]: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/driver-maintainers