[openstack-dev] [oslo.config] Centralized config management

Oleg Gelbukh ogelbukh at mirantis.com
Thu Jan 9 20:26:38 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Nachi Ueno <nachi at ntti3.com> wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> Thank you for your input.
>
> The key difference from external configuration system (Chef, puppet
> etc) is integration with
> openstack services.
> There are cases a process should know the config value in the other hosts.
> If we could have centralized config storage api, we can solve this issue.

Technically, that is already implemented in TripleO: configuration params
are stored in Heat templates metadata, and os-*-config scripts are applying
changes to that parameters on the nodes. I'm not sure if that could help
solve the use case you describe, as overcloud nodes probably won't have an
access to undercloud Heat server. But that counts as a centralized storage
of confguration information, from my standpoint.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Gelbukh