[openstack-dev] [all] Organizing a Gate Blocking Bug Fix Day

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jan 9 13:01:36 UTC 2014

Sean Dague wrote:
> [...]
> So I'd like to propose Gate Blocking Bug Fix day, to be Monday Jan 20th.
> On that day I'd ask all core reviewers (and anyone else) on all projects
> to set aside that day to *only* work on gate blocking bugs. We'd like to
> quiet the queues to not include any other changes that day so that only
> fixes related to gate blocking bugs would be in the system.
> [...]

Great idea, and Mondays are ideal for this (smaller queues to get the
patch in).

However Monday Jan 20th is the day before the icehouse-2 branch cut, so
I fear a lot of people will be busy getting their patches in rather than
looking after gate-blocking bugs.

How about doing it Monday, Jan 13th ? Too early ? That way icehouse-2
can benefit from any successful outcome of this day.. and you might get
more people to participate.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)