[openstack-dev] [Neutron][3rd Party Testing]Please be familiar with our development process

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Thu Jan 9 09:25:11 UTC 2014

If you are in a position where you want or need to provide 3rd party
testing, you do yourself (and the rest of us) a great service if you
take the time to learn the OpenStack development process.

One of the best ways to learn the OpenStack development process is to
submit a patch. Advertising: We are looking for patches to tempest all
the time.

There is a wikipage which outlines our gerrit workflow. [0]

If you don't know how to submit a patch to gerrit as a developer, you
will not understand how to correctly interface your 3rd party testing
system with gerrit. So take some time and learn the OpenStack
development process, please.

As you are getting started learning how to contribute, asking questions
in #openstack-101 and #openstack-dev on the freenode server on irc is a
great idea.

This will ensure you have logged into your gerrit account and have ssh
keys in the correct place.

Thank you and I look forward to your contributions,
Anita.

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Gerrit_Workflow