[openstack-dev] [Solum] Devstack gate is failing

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jan 8 17:32:23 UTC 2014

On 01/08/2014 11:40 AM, Noorul Islam Kamal Malmiyoda wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2014 9:58 PM, "Georgy Okrokvertskhov"
> <gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com <mailto:gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I do understand why there is a push back for this patch. This patch is
> for infrastructure project which works for multiple projects. Infra
> maintainers should not know specifics of each project in details. If
> this patch is a temporary solution then who will be responsible to
> remove it?
>>

> I am not sure who is responsible for solum related configurations in
> infra project. I see that almost all the infra config for solum project
> is done by solum members. So I think any solum member can submit a patch
> to revert this once we have a permanent solution.
>
>> If we need start this gate I propose to revert all patches which led
> to this inconsistent state and apply workaround in Solum repository
> which is under Solum team full control and review. We need to open a bug
> in Solum project to track this.
>>

> The problematic patch [1] solves a specific problem. Do we have other
> ways to solve it?
>
> Regards,
> Noorul
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/64226

Why is test-requirements.txt getting installed in pre_test instead of
post_test? Installing test-requirements prior to installing devstack
itself in no way surprises me that it causes issues. You can see that
command is litterally the first thing in the console -
http://logs.openstack.org/66/62466/7/gate/gate-solum-devstack-dsvm/49bac35/console.html#_2014-01-08_13_46_15_161

It should be installed right before tests get run, which I assume is L34
of this file -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/64226/3/modules/openstack_project/files/jenkins_job_builder/config/solum.yaml

Given that is where ./run_tests.sh is run.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
Samsung Research America