[openstack-dev] [nova] Bogus -1 scores from turbo hipster

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jan 8 14:57:33 UTC 2014

On 01/08/2014 09:48 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> Another question.  This patch [1] failed turbo-hipster after it was
> approved but I don't know if that's a gating or just voting job, i.e.
> should someone do 'reverify migrations' on that patch or just let it sit
> and ignore turbo-hipster?

So instead of trying to fix the individual runs, because t-h runs pretty
fast, can you just fix it with bulk. It seems like the issue in a
migration taking a long time isn't a race in OpenStack, it's completely
variability in the underlying system.

And it seems that the failing case is going to be 100% repeatable, and
infrequent.

So it seems like you could solve the fail side by only reporting fail
results on 3 fails in a row: RESULT && RESULT && RESULT

Especially valid if Results are coming from different AZs, so any local
issues should be masked.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague