[openstack-dev] [Solum] Devstack gate is failing

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Jan 8 14:56:05 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Noorul Islam Kamal Malmiyoda <
noorul at noorul.com> wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2014 6:11 PM, "Sean Dague" <sean at dague.net> wrote:
> >
> > On 01/07/2014 11:27 PM, Noorul Islam Kamal Malmiyoda wrote:
> > >>

> > > I think it is always good to have test packages reside in
> > > test-requirements.txt. So -1 on reverting that patch.
> > >
> > > Here [1] is a temporary solution.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Noorul
> > >
> > > [1] https://review.openstack.org/65414
> >
> > If Solum is trying to be on the road to being an OpenStack project, why
> > would it go out of it's way to introduce an incompatibility in the way
> > all the actual OpenStack packages work in the gate?
> >
> > Seems very silly to me, because you'll have to add oslo.sphinx back into
> > test-requirements.txt the second you want to be considered for
> incubation.
> >

> I am not sure why it seems silly to you. We are not anyhow removing
> oslo.sphinx from the repository. We are just removing it before installing
> the packages from test-requirements.txt

in the devstack gate. How does that affects incubation? Am I missing
> something?

Docs are a requirement, and contributor docs are required for applying for
incubation. [1] Typically these are built through Sphinx and consistency is
gained through oslo.sphinx, also eventually we can offer consistent
extensions. So a perception that you're skipping docs would be a poor
reflection on your incubation application. I don't think that's what's
happening here, but I want to be sure you understand the consistency and
doc needs.

See also
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-January/023582.htmlfor
similar issues, we're trying to figure out the best solution. Stay
tuned.

Thanks,
Anne

1.