[openstack-dev] [oslo] Common SSH

Sergey Skripnick sskripnick at mirantis.com
Wed Jan 8 14:34:39 UTC 2014

>> I'd like to explore whether the paramiko team will accept this code (or
>> something like it). This seems like a perfect opportunity for us to
>> contribute
>> upstream.
>
> +1
>
> The patch is not big and the code seems simple and reasonable enough
> to live within paramiko.
>
> Cheers,
> FF

I sent a pull request [0] but there is two things:

  nobody know when (and if) it will be merged
  it is still a bit low-level, unlike a patch in oslo

About spur: spur is looks ok, but it a bit complicated inside (it uses
separate threads for non-blocking stdin/stderr reading [1]) and I don't
know how it would work with eventlet.

[0] https://github.com/paramiko/paramiko/pull/245
[1] https://github.com/mwilliamson/spur.py/blob/master/spur/io.py#L22

--