[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Sharing the load test result

Swann Croiset swannon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 10:19:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

Your result is interesting and not surprising due to the different design
you have described.
The Ceilo team will work on the improvements IIUC.
I found two relevant links [1] [2]

@jay : the first case seems to be impossible, no scalable .. I bet for the
last :)

@June li
I am curious to know how have you generate load to Ceilometer with Ganglia ?

what was the system usage of your servers during the 2 tests  ? cpu, mem,
io..
what are response time for alarm evaluations for Ceilometer, 50 seconds in
mean  ?

btw thank you for sharing your tests.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Ceilometer/AlarmImprovements
[2]