[openstack-dev] [Nova][Vmware]Bad Performance when creating a new VM

Ray Sun xiaoquqi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 02:30:44 UTC 2014

Stackers,
I tried to create a new VM using the driver VMwareVCDriver, but I found
it's very slow when I try to create a new VM, for example, 7GB Windows
Image spent 3 hours.

Then I tried to use curl to upload a iso to vcenter directly.

curl -H "Expect:" -v --insecure --upload-file windows2012_server_cn_x64.iso
"
https://administrator:root123.@200.21.0.99/folder/iso/windows2012_server_cn_x64.iso?dcPath=dataCenter&dsName=datastore2
"

The average speed is 0.8 MB/s.

Finally, I tried to use vSpere web client to upload it, it's only 250 KB/s.

I am not sure if there any special configurations for web interface for
vcenter. Please help.

Best Regards
-- Ray