[openstack-dev] [nova] where to expose network quota

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 17:55:22 UTC 2014

On Jan 6, 2014, at 12:47 AM, Yaguang Tang <yaguang.tang at canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Now Neutron has its own quota management API for network related items(floating ips, security groups .etc) which are also manged by Nova.  when using nova with neutron as network service, the network related quota items are stored in two different databases and managed by different APIs.
>
> I'd like your suggestions on which of the following is best to fix the issue.
>
> 1,  let nova to proxy all network related quota info operation(update,  list,delete) through neutron API.

+1

When we created the cinder project, we moved the volume related quotas into cinder and didn’t add a proxy. This does seem like a user friendly option, but if we are doing this we should do it for nova/cinder as well.

> 2, filter network related quota info from nova when using neutron as network service, and change
> novaclient to get quota info from nova and neutron quota API.

-1

My sense is this will get a little complex and I don’t like novaclient talking to more services.