[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev] IDE extensions in .gitignore

Rushi Agrawal rushi.agr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 13:41:58 UTC 2014

I can see people arguing in future over which top IDE's/editor's trashfiles
should or shouldn't be included in the gitignores. Also, I believe the
concept of global gitignore is a fantastic one.

What I'll suggest is, just not include any of the editor/IDE files in
project gitignores, AND mention how to set global gitignores for these
trashfiles in the wiki page where we give details of Gerrit/Jenkins/Git
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GerritWorkflow
or
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GerritJenkinsGithub
to aid a novice.