[openstack-dev] [requirements] - taskflow preventing sqla 0.8 upgrade

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jan 3 17:05:52 UTC 2014

On 01/03/2014 11:37 AM, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> So taskflow was tested with the version of sqlalchemy that was available
> and in the requirements at the time of its 0.1 release (taskflow syncs
> it's requirements from the same global requirements). From what I
> remember this is the same requirement that everyone else is bound to:
>
> SQLAlchemy>=0.7.8,<=0.7.99
>
> I can unpin it if this is desired (the openstack requirements repo has
> the same version restriction). What would be recommended here? As more
> code moves to pypi reusable libraries (oslo.db when it arrives comes to
> mind) I think this will be hit more often. Let's come up with a good
> strategy to follow.
>
> Thoughts??

So I think that given taskflow's usage, it really needs to live under
the Oslo program, and follow the same rules that are applied to oslo
libraries. (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo#Graduation)

Which means it needs to be part of the integrated gate, so we can update
it's requirements globally. It also means that changes to it will be
gated on full devstack runs.

We can work through the details on #openstack-infra. ttx has been doing
the same for oslo.rootwrap this week.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague