[openstack-dev] [oslo] [qa] oslo.config generator scrambling tempest config files

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jan 3 12:53:40 UTC 2014

So maybe I only just noticed it, but we moved to using the oslo.config
generator in Tempest, and it's largely succeeding at creating really
large config diffs and moving sections around all over the place.

Exhibit A: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/60434/14/etc/tempest.conf.sample

Which means it's generating a lot of noise, and I don't really
understand why. It would seem that a config generator should be order
stable. Anyone familiar enough with this to know why? And why this
doesn't seem to be an issue with other projects?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
Samsung Research America