[openstack-dev] [horizon] Javascript checkstyle improvement

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Fri Jan 3 08:37:15 UTC 2014

On 03/01/14 08:17, Matthias Runge wrote:
> On 12/27/2013 03:52 PM, Maxime Vidori wrote:

>> I send this mail to talk about Javascript coding style improvement,
>> like python has pep8, it could be interesting to have some rules for
>> javascript too. JSHint provides some rules to perform this and I think
>> it could be a great idea to discuss about which rules could be integrated
>> into Horizon.

[snip]

> We're bundling foreign code (which is bad in general); now we need to
> change/format that code too, to match our style conventions? That would
> even generate a fork, like here[1], where the changes were just cosmetics.

[snip]

This is actually not a problem at all, because the way jshint works now,
we have to explicitly list the files to be checked against those
rules. That means, that we can only check our own code, and not the
included libraries. Of course, the reviewers have to pay attention to
make sure that all the non-library code is added to the list, but we
don't really get new files that often.

--
Radomir Dopieralski