[openstack-dev] [Neutron] disable_security_group_extension_if_noop_driver() function in plugins

Gary Duan garyduan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 02:49:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm not sure if this question has been asked, but I wonder what is the
purpose to have the following function in ovs, linuxbridge and ml2 plugins.

disable_security_group_extension_if_noop_driver()

With this logic, if I set neutron to use NOOP firewall, creating a Nova
instance will fail, because the 'security_group' resource doesn't exist.

If I comment out this line, set firewall driver in both Neutron and Nova to
be NOOP driver, everything seems working fine.

Thanks,
Gary