[openstack-dev] [qa] RedHat CI posting results - some fixes needed

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jan 2 20:18:54 UTC 2014

So I'm scratching my head a lot at the RedHat CI posting results on the
tempest tests (an example here - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/57620/)

Patch Set 4:
redhatci results for change 57620
Logs at http://people.redhat.com/~iwienand/57620/
Patch set 4 | OSLAB Fedora 19 : PASS
Patch set 4 | OSLAB RHEL64 : PASS
Patch set 4 | OSLAB Fedora 20 : FAIL
Patch set 4 | OSLAB RHEL65 : PASS
Patch set 5 | OSLAB RHEL64 : PASS
Patch set 5 | OSLAB Fedora 19 : PASS
Patch set 5 | OSLAB Fedora 20 : FAIL
Patch set 5 | OSLAB RHEL65 : PASS
Patch set 4 | OSLAB CentOS 6.5 : PASS
Patch set 5 | OSLAB CentOS 6.4 : PASS
Patch set 5 | OSLAB CentOS 6.5 : PASS
Patch set 4 | OSLAB CentOS 6.4 : PASS
end

So a few things. First, if you are reporting on Patch Set 4 you need to
be "only" posting about Patch set #4, not posting results for multiple
patch sets, as is currently happening.

Secondly, can we prune out all the redundancy there?

"redhatci results for change 57620" - not needed, we know what change
this is, because we are in that change. Also, we know that it is
results, and we know who posted. So that's just a lost line.

"end" - not useful, and just crud

"Patch set 4 | OSLAB " not useful, except to realize this isn't working
correctly and posting on 2 patch sets. However, that should be something
we debug because wrong output is stuck on the server.

"Logs at http://people.redhat.com/~iwienand/57620/" - remove that line,
and make Patch Set 4 a hyperlink to global logs. Also make each OS Type
provide the direct to the relevant logs (eg:
http://people.redhat.com/~iwienand/57620/20131220081934.OSLAB_RHEL64.log.gz)

Also, please alphabetically sort the OS list so it's easier to see
coverage. The fact that this is just dumping in dictionary order is
distracting.

And lastly, any set of tests coming in needs to have an overall PASS /
FAIL decided by it. Because I want to know if Fedora 20 : FAIL is a real
fail, or not.

So the end result would look like (with all the strings before the :
being hyperlinks to logs)

Patch Set 4 : PASS
   CentOS 6.4 : PASS
   CentOS 6.5 : PASS