[openstack-dev] [nova] minimum review period for functional changes that break backwards compatibility

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Thu Jan 2 11:43:38 UTC 2014

I don't really see why this thread seems to keep coming back to a position of improvements to the review process vs changes to automated testing - to my mind both are equally important and complementary parts of the solution:

- Automated tests are strong for objective examination of particular points of functionality.  Each additional tests adds one more piece of functionality that's covered

- The review process is strong for a subjective examination of changes, and can often spot more holistic issues.  Changes / improvements to the review process have the potential to address whole classes of issues.