[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Tuskar CLI UX

Ladislav Smola lsmola at redhat.com
Thu Feb 27 15:08:03 UTC 2014

Hello,

I think if we will use Openstack CLI, it has to be something like this
https://github.com/dtroyer/python-oscplugin.
Otherwise we are not Openstack on Openstack.

Btw. abstracting it all to one big CLI will be just more confusing when
people will debug issues. So it would
have to be done very good.

E.g calling 'openstack-client net-create' fails.
Where do you find error log?
Are you using nova-networking or Neutron?
..

Calli 'neutron net-create' and you just know.

Btw. who would actually hire a sysadmin that will start to use CLI and
have no
idea what is he doing? They need to know what each service do, how to
correctly
use them and how do debug it when something is wrong.

For flavors just use flavors, we call them flavors in code too. It has
just nicer face in UI.

Kind regards,
Ladislav