[openstack-dev] WSME / Pecan and only supporting JSON?

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Thu Feb 27 13:23:21 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 2:00 AM, Noorul Islam K M <noorul at noorul.com> wrote:

> Michael Davies <michael at the-davies.net> writes:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Over in "Ironic Land" we're looking at removing XML support from
> ironic-api
> > (i.e. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1271317)
> >
> > I've been looking, but I can't seem to find an easy way to modify the
> > accepted content_types.
> >
> > Are there any wsgi / WSME / Pecan experts out there who can point me in
> the
> > right direction?
> >

> Also in Solum we have a use case where in we would like to have
> pecan+wsme accept content-type application/x-yaml.
>
> It will be great if this can be made configurable.

What do you want to have happen with the YAML?

Do you want to receive and return YAML to a bunch of API calls? We could
add YAML protocol support to WSME to make that happen.

Do you want a couple of controller methods to be given a YAML parse result,
rather than WSME objects? You could write an expose() decorator for Pecan
in Solum. This would be a more appropriate approach if you just have one or
two methods of the API that need YAML support.

Or do you want the YAML text passed in to you directly, maybe to be
uploaded in a single controller method? You should be able to have that by
skipping WSME and just using Pecan's expose() decorator with an appropriate
content type, then parsing the body yourself.

Doug