[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][SUSE] SUSE OpenStack Havana distribution is different with upstream

ZhiQiang Fan aji.zqfan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 01:12:13 UTC 2014

thanks, Vincent

I already noticed that the critical bug is caused by a wrong backport, just
in the 0001-enable-sql-metadata-query.patch<https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/Cloud:OpenStack:Havana/openstack-ceilometer/0001-enable-sql-metadata-query.patch?expand=1>line
124, session.flush() should be placed in line 110

Another question is that: How can I get the original version of community?
I know devstack is a good choice, but we want to install it via package
management system

Cheers

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz at suse.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le mercredi 26 février 2014, à 17:20 +0800, ZhiQiang Fan a écrit :
> > Hi, SUSE OpenStack developers,
> >
> > After install OpenStack Havana on SLES 11 SP3 following the
> > openstack-manuals' guide, I find that the
> > ceilometer/storage/impl_sqlalchemy.py has implemented the metaquey
> > functionality. However, the upstream, which means
> > github.com/openstack/ceilometer stable/havana branch doesn't implement
> that
> > feature yet.
> >
> > the ceilometer package version is 2013.2.2.dev13
> >
> > Here is my questions:
> >
> > 1. is this intent or just a mistake during package?
> >     if it is intent, where can I get the distribution release notes?
>
> You can see the package at
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Cloud:OpenStack:Havana/openstack-ceilometer
>
> I think this is added because of the
> 0001-enable-sql-metadata-query.patch patch (you can get some notes about
> history in the openstack-ceilometer.changes file)
>
> > 2. is this the only part which is different with community, or there are
> > other parts?
> >     if it is not the only part, where can I get the whole diff note?
>
> See link above :-) Generally, the only "differences" are backports from
> Icehouse.
>
> > 3. where can I get help and how, if there is a bug in the different part
> > code?
> >     actually, there is one, which caused by mysql foreign key, blocks
> > entire ceilometer-collector service.
>
> Feel free to get in touch with opensuse-cloud at opensuse.org, since this
> is where the packaging for OpenStack is discussed for openSUSE and SLES.
>
> (btw, with the build service, you can contribute any change you want to
> the package)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vincent
>
> > This problem is really important (and a bit urgent), please help me.
> >
> > Thanks

> --
> Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.

blog: zqfan.github.com