[openstack-dev] [nova][ceilometer] ceilometer unit tests broke because of a nova patch

Gordon Chung chungg at ca.ibm.com
Wed Feb 26 22:17:04 UTC 2014

> Ceilometer really needs to stop importing server projects in unit tests.
> By nature this is just going to break all the time.

i believe that was the takeaway from the thread -- it's an old thread and
i was just doing some back-reading.

> Cross project interactions need to be tested by something in the gate
> which is cross project gating - like tempest/devstack.

that said, we currently import swift for unit test as well to test a swift
middleware solution which gathers metrics. i've added this as a bug here
for discussion: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1285388

cheers,
gordon chung
openstack, ibm software standards