[openstack-dev] [Mistral]

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Wed Feb 26 04:25:39 UTC 2014

Thanks, Dmitri.

I like the idea what you suggested mostly looks fine to me. Just want to clarify something about the snippet you provided.

Workflow:
  tasks:
    timeInToronto:
      action:std:REST_API
      parameters:
        baseUrl: "http://api.timezonedb.com"
        method: "GET"
        parameters: "zone=/America/Toronto&key=<my_api_key>"

Services:
  TimeService:
    type: REST_API
    parameters:
      baseUrl:http://api.timezonedb.com
      key:<my_api_key>
    actions:
      get-time:
        task-parameters:
          zone:

Task “timeInToronto” has property “parameters” which in turn also has property “parameters”. Could you please explain your intentions here? Maybe we should have just one section “parameters”?

Btw, the more I think about all these parameters the more I come to realize that we need to redesign this part significantly. The reason is that I’m currently working on the first Data Flow implementation and I feel that not everything is good with our understanding of what parameters are, at least with my understanding ). But I think it makes sense to start a new thread to discuss this in details.

Thanks

Renat Akhmerov
@ Mirantis Inc.