[openstack-dev] [Climate] Lease by tenants feature design

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 14:48:01 UTC 2014

> I guess that's simple and that's why nice solution for this problem.
>
> So you propose to implement that feature in following way:
> 1) mark project as 'reservable' during its creation in extras specs
> 2) add some more logic to reservable resources creation/reservation. Like
> adding one more checking in instance creation request. Currently we're
> checking hints in request, you propose to check project extra info and
> if project is 'reservable' you'll use smth like default_reservation stuff
> for instances
>
> Although it looks ok (because of no changes to Keystone/Nova/etc. core
> code), I have some question about this solution:
> - info about project should be given only to admins, really. But all these
> VMs will be booted by simple users, am I right? In this case you'll have no
> possibility to get info about project and to process checking.
>
> Do you have some ideas about how to solve this problem?
>
> Dina

Why should it require to be part of Keystone to hook up on Climate ?
Provided we consider some projects as 'reservable', we could say this
should be a Climate API endpoint like CRUD /project/ and up to the admin
responsability to populate it.

If we say that new projects should automatically be 'reservable', that's
only policy from Climate to whiteboard these.

Provided a VM is booted by a single end-user, that would still be Climate's
responsability to verify that the user's tenant has been previously granted.

-Sylvain